Thursday, March 3, 2011

Murder and Marriage

I've had many other dreams like this: vague, incoherent, powerless, relative... first, my sister and my best friend were possessed and killing friends and relatives, and I eventually had to strangle them to stop them from killing. No imprisonment would force their minds to relinquish their strange pursuit, save Death itself. I cried upon waking, but even more so because the second half of the tale involved a lot of people I knew lined up in a foyer to get married- high schoolers bustling happily into pairs with no reason or rationality, happily sealing their fates with a kiss and some paperwork as they grabbed their diplomas. Everything was planned out robotically...I detest such horrific dream proceedings, out of my control. I feel they weaken and demean my true nature, a pretense of Reality leaking into my lair of secret thoughts and wonderful dreams.

Still, even negatively charged dreams present some hope. The last few students to pass through the gates looked around them, as if sensing something askew, and I prayed that they would think for themselves soon after, and then departed to fight more noble battles than judgements on the life choices of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment