Monday, April 2, 2012

Mind-Body Synthesis

Sometimes things don't always go as planned.
Sometimes your body doesn't follow your brain. In this particular case, I am going grocery shopping with Syca, and while she ogles over the avocados in the veggie aisle, I spiral through the air happily in an imitation of Cirque du Solei magesty, swooping down over the carts of the shoppers who by now are used to my unnecessary antics. It is my hometown, after all.

But then this guy dressed in black jumps out and starts pelting me with hula hoops. Delighted, I duck into them and start dancing with spirals moving at different speeds all over my body, grinning and showing off. The guy speaks into his radio: "Yep! She's one of the 61! Initiate phase two!" A guy from my AP Chemistry class, whom I'd always admired as a human being, comes up from the floor, and suddenly my mind is ejected into space as my body rushes forward and begins doing various unseemly things to him. Fuming, I yell at myself: "This is OBVIOUSLY a trap, you silly mound of flesh! Come back here before you get kidnapped!"

It doesn't hear me, of course, and a moment later, the boy (who is actually a robot facsimile of the original)  stuns my body's neck, throws it over his shoulder, and descends through the trapdoor in the floor.

Great. Now I gotta rescue my body...but when I do, I'll be faced with the reintegration of its sensory memories. Not lookin' forward to this...

No comments:

Post a Comment