Tuesday, February 14, 2012

It Never Happened.

Mum, Gran, Lyle and I are immigrating to Europe, because America has become so poor and corrupt you can't live in safety in an underground bomb shelter. We had to sell our home and all our possessions except the Terminator we reprogrammed to assist us on our journey. It goes slightly haywire every once-in-awhile, but then mum just bangs on its left foot and all its circuits return to normal.

On the way, our train gets pushed off a cliff by a giant dragon. I hold it in the sky as long as I can, while Laila chases after the creature. I tell mum to call Amanda and Becca and Mary, and see if they can come help me out, because super-strength is NOT my fortay. They come. We fix the train and discuss the merits of the new cell phone service, then are nearly crushed by the feet of the pursuing dragon as it returns our way, Laila leading it into the forest away from human settlements. The train continues down the underwater track leading to Europe.

When we arrive in Europe, there is a scandal afoot. Previous immigrants from America, a villanous cabal called "The Tamers," are going around innocent little country villages and drowning people. But...they appear to be doing it by convincing the victims to drown themselves. Some kind of Mind Control...emanating from the blonde dreadlocks of the beautiful leader. As she sings, and her hair reaches out toward me (whom everybody elected to use as bait in this situation), I can feel my brain start to grow foggy...

They wake me, hours later, and I wipe the bubbly drool from my face. "Yuck."

"Man, you were SO entranced," laughs Mary. "You had the dopiest-looking grin on your face."

"Did you catch them?" I cough, Standing and brushing a strange goo from my pants.

"No," Amanda sighs. "They had some sort of magic fairy dust. I've no idea where they went. But...it turns out they're not just killers. They're also dabbling in sorcery...And from the looks of it, just for fun." She motions to two motionless shapes lying across form me in the little tower room we are now in, which is filled with musty astronomy tomes and old telescopes and boxes of newspapers, neatly folded. I move closer and see that the forms are two dogs. Well, one normal-looking dog, one that appears to be made of blackberries.

Next to them are a series of spiked cages with bones in them. Bones of various shapes and sizes, some that look so unusual I wonder what kind of animal, if any, could have possessed them all in the same body.

The villagers are a grey, shadowy people, easily impressionable, easily afraid. Events like these could cause the entire species to go extinct if not treated carefully.

"What shall we say to them?" I ask.

"Nothing," says Laila, covering the dogs with an empty corn sack. "Tell them it never happened."

No comments:

Post a Comment