Sunday, February 12, 2012

Whose House Is This?

I wake up underneath someone's bed with a sore arm and what appears to be, when I poke it, a loosened rib. How'd I get here, exactly?

I wander around the empty suburban house, confused and slightly hungry. Dang, I must've forgotten to eat dinner again last night. I head downstairs and poke around until I find the kitchen, and immediately start raiding the pantry. I'm sure the inhabitants won't mind if I borrow a little food, I'm feeling so very faint...

Just as I am bringing some tomato soup to a boil, two cars pull up. A group of hungover college students piles out haphazardly and three of the guys head for the door of this house, while the others wander away to their own respective dwellings. Oh, no...drunk college students? They tend to be more protective of their food. Maybe I'd better eat my soup on the way out the back door. I don't want to hazard any confrontations in this state...I rummage for a jar and pour in the soup, and jam a handful of crackers into my pants pockets. I am tiptoeing out of the kitchen and heading for the back door, when I bump into a guy that was apparently in here all along, just watching me cook. He grins, holding tight to the scruff of my shirt. "Where you going, pixie?" he asks. "You haven't finished what we were doing last night..." and belts me a good one right in the gut.

I fall backward onto the stairs, and my soup jar smashes on the tiled floor. Darn. I was so hungry...

It's the soup tragedy that makes me angry. So angry, that I decide this is one of the worst villains I've ever faced, especially someone that would take advantage of me while sleeping in a perfectly innocent Dream! My skin burns red hot, and I don't feel the rib anymore. Whether it knits itself together, or not, I don't care. I am going to make this jerk pay. I leap into the air, crackling with angry electricity.

"Don't. Call. Me. Pixie." I growl, sending bolts of lightning through the house, shorting out all the power grids simultaneously. "You are going to wish you had NEVER SPILLED MY SOUP!" I yell, zapping cabinets and flying about in hysteria. The other guys wander in, looking slightly confused.
"YOU ARE ALL GOING TO PAY!" Fumes are coming out of my nostrils now. I summon all the energy I can muster and funnel it into the ground right below their feet. They tumble to the basement below. I smooth down my frazzled hair, block the door to the cellar with a chair, and continue cooking in the kitchen.

I drink my new-made batch of soup, sitting on the couch in the front room. It is a nice house. Rather peaceful this way. I turn to look out the window, and several heads vanish from the corner. It seems the ruckus I caused might have disturbed the neighbors...

I leave the house but, as a last sign of spite, take all the tomato soup cans in the house, double wrap them in plastic bags, and fly away to re-stock the laughable larder of my moon base.

Not exactly the best, moral way to deal with the situation?

I know.

But I was hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment